Online Counselling Services in Dublin
Online Counselling and Psychotherapy is a form of Internet Counselling and is also known as Teletherapy or Telehealth. Your therapist will generally use an online program such as Zoom/Skype to conduct each session. Internet Counselling and Psychotherapy can have many benefits and allows you to address what is bothering you without having to meet In Person.
Why Choose Online Counselling In Dublin
Opt for online counselling at City Therapy for convenient, accessible support. Break down geographical barriers, save time, and prioritize your mental well-being from the comfort of your space. Our expert therapists are here to guide you through personalized sessions. Choose online counselling for flexibility and effective mental health care.
- Comfort – sessions conducted from your home
- Convenience – sessions conducted from your office
- Continuity – not having to change therapist if you must move location
- Consistency – not missing appointments due to travel
- College – support maintained for those in college
- Ease – working with those experiencing disability or mobility issues
How Does It Work?
- Your therapist will send you a link so that you can log into your personalised session.
- You may be sent a password and ID so you will use these to log in
- Sessions usually last for 50-60 minutes.
- You will talk as you would in an In Person session. Below are some tips that will help you prepare for your Online Session
Preparation For Your Online Counselling Session
- You need a good internet connection.
- Download and practice Zoom before you use it.
- You will need a camera on your laptop/device and a microphone.
- If using earphones (recommend this) make sure you test them and that they have a microphone piece
- You will most likely be sent a password/ID to use as part of the log in
- You will most likely be sent a sheet to read and sign. This sheet may have information on how the sessions will be conducted etc and/or a sheet asking you to fill out information about yourself. You may be asked to scan or post the sheet back to the therapist.
Initial Counselling Session
Make sure you have somewhere you won’t be disturbed.
Choose somewhere that you won’t be overheard.
Decide what questions you want to ask your therapist ie how do they work? how will they work with what your issue? what techniques do they use? what are their qualifications? how much/how long are the sessions? what is expected of you as a client? how will you pay?
Zoom have added ‘waiting room’ so you have to wait for your therapist to let you into the live chat.
Have your phone beside you in case the internet goes down, that way your therapist can call you to complete the session.
Ideally use your computer or an ipad
If you find it hard to find hard to find space in your home you can sit in your car
Why Choose City Therapy For Online Counselling Therapy?
City Therapy’s online counselling services offer a modern and accessible approach to prioritising mental health. Embrace the flexibility of remote sessions, breaking down barriers to seek support conveniently. Our expert therapists provide personalized guidance tailored to your needs. With online counselling, overcome geographical constraints and access quality mental health care from the comfort of your space.
- Our team have many years working with clients
- A team who is Expert at delivering counselling and psychotherapy online
- A team who is Skilled at choosing interventions and approaches that are the best fit for your needs
- Confidentiality, sensitivity and consideration ensured in treatment
- Commitment to arrange a consult with another therapist for free if you are not satisfied
City Therapy is dedicated to fostering your well-being through convenient, effective, and personalized online sessions. Take the next step towards a healthier mindset and improved emotional resilience by choosing the modern and flexible approach of online counselling and psychotherapy in Dublin with City Therapy.