Carol Lacey (Dame Street Centre)
- BSc Honours Counselling & Psychotherapy Middlesex University, UK
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy, PCI College, Dublin
- Bachelor of Arts, Grad Dip Business & Grad Dip HR.
Carol is a qualified and experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor. Carol is an accredited member of IACP and working under their ethics and guidelines.
Alongside her therapeutic experience Carol has worked for over 15 years in Professional and Personal Development, training, mentoring and coaching groups and individuals to achieve their goals. Aside from working with clients, Carol regularly facilitates a range of workshops and training.
Most of life’s issues or problems affect our thoughts, how we feel and so what we do. Therefore, the therapy Carol provides aims to support clients with each aspect. Taking a person-centred integrative approach Carol draws on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic and Attachment-based therapy to tailor therapy to the needs of each client.
Providing a safe, calm and confidential space setting Carol works collaboratively and empathically with clients to explore the presenting issues.
Taking a person-centred approach, Carol draws on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic and Attachment-based therapy to tailor therapy to the needs of each client.
This approach aims to
- Help you understand your issues clearly
- Establish therapeutic and life goals
- Positively change any unhelpful thinking patterns or self-beliefs
- Reduce the physical stress with Mindfulness skills
- Create greater emotional understanding
- Enable clients to work through issues and problems
Change is possible to gain more personal fulfilment in life and relationships. Therapist and client work together to support this positive transformation with the client leading change in their own life.
Carol works with clients to address various types of issues including:
Stress or Anxiety
Low Mood or Depression
Lack of Motivation or Direction
Relationship Difficulties (family, romantic, platonic)
Grief or Bereavement
Homesickness or Loneliness
Sexual Identity Issues
Gender Identity Issues
Assault or Abuse
Bullying or Racism
Eating or Body Image Issues
Addiction or Substance Use
Low Confidence or Self-Esteem
Dealing with Health Issues
Dealing with Life Changes
Carol is aligned with